• August 05, 2021
    << August 2021 >>
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Action Center
    Email Account Problems
    Please fill out form if problems accessing your email account.
  • Accidental Lorton House Fire
    Updated On: Jul 11, 2013

    Fort Belvoir FES (E463, E464, T463, BC463) and Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a townhouse fire Tuesday, December 28, 2010, at approximately 8:40 p.m. in the Lorton area of Fairfax County. The townhouse is located at 7677 Sheffield Village Lane.


    Firefighters saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of the two-story home upon arrival. The Incident Commander struck a second alarm as there was risk the fire would spread to other adjoining townhouses. Approximately 60 firefighters responded to the fire scene. The occupants were home when the fire broke out and escaped unharmed. It took firefighters approximately 15 minutes to bring the fire under control. Two adults and three children have been displaced. Red Cross is assisting the family. There were no injuries.


    The townhouse is a total loss. Additionally, two adjacent townhouses each received approximately $15,000 in damages.


    According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. An electrical anomaly in an attached shed containing an electrical panel caused the fire.


  • IAFF Local F-273

    Copyright © 2021.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

    303855 hits since Jul 01, 2013


  • Top of Page image